GRENKE concludes purchase agreements for four more franchise companies Baden-Baden, December 29, 2022: GRENKE, a global financing partner for small and medium-sized companies, today announced the conclusion of purchase agreements for the majority acquisition of the factoring franchise companies in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Poland and Hungary. GRENKE AG will acquire 58 percent of the shares in each company. The sellers are the investment companies CTP Handels- und Beteiligungs GmbH, Garuna AG, and Pro Gulf FZ-LLC. GRENKE plans to acquire the remaining 42 percent of the shares in each company, held by the respective local management, by February 2023. With these purchases, GRENKE is acquiring a further 4 of the 14 franchise companies still outstanding for purchase. The initially acquired majority share in the four companies amount to an agreed total purchase price of around EUR 3.5 million. The corresponding agreements were signed by the contracting parties on December 29, 2022. The purchase agreements do not affect the scope of consolidation under IFRS, as all of the franchise companies were already included in the consolidated financial statements prepared according to IFRS. The payment of the purchase price results in a direct reduction of GRENKE AG's equity. The transactions are expected to close at the beginning of 2023. GRENKE's interim CEO and CFO Dr Sebastian Hirsch comments on the purchases, saying, "Immediately after receiving the signatures of the factoring franchisers, we will continue negotiations with the remaining franchisers. We expect to complete the remaining purchases by mid-2023." The franchise companies in the USA and Singapore were already acquired by GRENKE in May 2022. For further information, please contact: Investors contact Team Investor Relations Neuer Markt 2 76532 Baden-Baden Phone: +49 7221 5007-204 Email: EMAIL Internet: URL Press contact Stefan Wichmann Neuer Markt 2 76532 Baden-Baden Phone: +49 (0) 171 20 20 300 Email: EMAIL About GRENKE The GRENKE Group (GRENKE) is a global financing partner for small and medium-sized companies. As a one-stop shop for customers, GRENKE's products range from flexible small-ticket leasing and demand-driven bank products to convenient factoring. Fast and easy processing and personal contact with customers and partners are at the centre of GRENKE's activities. Founded in 1978 in Baden-Baden, the Group operates in 33 countries and employs more than 1,900 staff (measured in terms of full-time equivalents) worldwide. GRENKE shares are listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (ISIN DE000A161N30).
29.12.2022 CET/CEST Dissemination of a Corporate News, transmitted by EQS News - a service of EQS Group AG.The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.The EQS Distribution Services include Regulatory Announcements, Financial/Corporate News and Press Releases.Archive at URL 1523861 29.12.2022 CET/CEST